ADVICE/SUPPORT FOR TENANTS ON HANDLING ISOLATION
It’s understandable that not only our residents, but communities everywhere will be worried about how their lives are going to be affected over the coming months. The government has provided guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and how we can all work together to protect each other. This includes steps you can take to stay connected with family and friends during this time:
The government has now put more stringent measures in place to combat the spread of the virus.
- Requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes
- Closing non-essential shops and community spaces
- Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public
People will therefore only be permitted to leave the house for one of four purposes:
- Essential food shopping (basic necessities, once a day)
- To take part in one form of exercise a day (e.g. run, walk or cycle) – alone or with members of immediate household
- For medical need or to provide essential care of a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from essential work (only where absolutely necessary and where working from home is not possible)
Full details on the latest guidance can be found here:
As we anticipate there will be disruption for an extended period of time, where tenants are self-isolating and have no local friends and family to assist with delivering prescriptions and other vital supplies, you can either contact staff at the Association who will be able to direct you to the relevant support or by contacting Highland Council Helpline on 0300 303 1362.
If you are concerned about a vulnerable neighbour please let us know and we can provide you with advice and assistance.
If you are feeling worried or overwhelmed, support is also available from the following
- Breathing Space: 0800 83 85 87
- MIND: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
- Samaritans: 116 123 or https://www.samaritans.org/?nation=scotland
- SHOUT: Text SHOUT to 85258 or visit https://www.giveusashout.org/