Lochaber Housing Association

How to Pay Your Rent


You can now pay your

  • Rent
  • Rechargeable invoices
  • Factoring invoices
in person at our office at 101 High Street, Fort William or via the telephone (0844 557 8321) using your credit or debit card.

Glenuig1. How do I know how much rent to pay?

When you are offered a home, the Housing Officer will show you around, and will tell you how much the monthly rent is.

Your Housing Officer will be happy to answer any questions you have about your rent. If you are unsure how much rent you should be paying, please contact them.

2. How often should I pay?

Rent is due in advance, on the 1st of each month. It is a condition of your tenancy that you pay regularly and on time. If you do not do this, your account will be in debt and we will send you warning letters.

Remember, joint tenants are equally responsible for paying the rent, so it is important that each tenant knows the state of their rent account.

3. How can I pay my rent?

There are a number of different ways to pay your rent, and when you first become a tenant, your Housing Officer will explain these to you and you can then decide which method suits you. If you cannot pay in your usual way, you should make other arrangements rather than delaying payment. If there is a problem, tell your Housing Officer. For further details of each payment method please contact your Housing Officer.

  • By Direct Debit
    If you have a current bank or building society account we can arrange for your rent to be paid monthly directly to us through Direct Debit. Contact your Housing Officer for a form. If you pay by Direct Debit we will notify the bank of any increases in rent. We will let you know in writing when the Direct Debit will start, and any changes to the payments. If the payments are rejected by the bank twice the arrangement will be cancelled and you will have to pay by one of the other payment methods. If it is cancelled we will write and let you know.
  • By swipecard
    You can pay by cash, cheque, credit or debit card at any post office, by cash or debit card at any PAYzone outlet, or by cash at any PayPoint outlet. To do this, you will need a plastic swipecard which is issued to you at the beginning of your tenancy. If you require a replacement card, please contact your Housing Officer.
  • By phone
    You can pay by debit card over the phone - simply call 0870 770 0472 and follow the instructions. You must have your swipecard handy, so you can quote the reference number. Alternatively you can phone the Association on 0844 557 8321  and pay using a debit or credit card.
  • Over the internet
    To pay over the internet, simply log on to www.allpayments.net and follow the links. You must have your swipecard handy, so you can quote the reference number.
  • At the Association's offices
    You can pay by cash, cheque and also now credit or debit card at the Association's offices.
  • Benefits Agency Direct Payments
    If you receive Income Support and your rent account is in arrears to the equivalent of 4 weeks' full rent, payment of an amount towards your arrears can be taken directly from your benefits by the DWP. It is then paid to the Association on a monthly basis. Contact your Housing Officer to arrange this.

Please note that cash should never be sent through the post.

4. How can I find out the balance on my rent account?

We will send you a statement of your rent account every three months, showing all the transactions that have been made. If you want to know your balance at any other time you can request a statement and we will send you one within three working days.

If you contact the Association by telephone, or call in, you should be able to obtain a balance on your rent account, provided that you have your account number (this is shown on your swipecard and also on the top right hand corner of your rent statement).

Useful Contacts

Allpay rent payment line: 0870 770 0472
Allpay internet rent payments:
www.allpayments.net »

Council Tax, Council Tax Benefit and Housing Benefit enquiries: Freefone 0800 393 811

Lochaber Citizens Advice Bureau
Dudley Road
Fort William
PH33 6JB
Tel: 01397 705311

Shelterline: 0808 800 4444
Free impartial and independent housing advice



Website by Pole Position