Make a Payment
How do I know how much rent to pay?
When you are offered a home, the Housing Officer will show you around, and will tell you how much the monthly rent is.
Your Housing Officer will be happy to answer any questions you have about your rent. If you are unsure how much rent you should be paying, please contact them on 01397 702530 or by email
How often should I pay?
Rent is due in advance, on the 1st of each month. It is a condition of your tenancy that you pay regularly and on time. If you do not do this, your account will be in debt and we will send you warning letters.
Remember, joint tenants are equally responsible for paying the rent, so it is important that each tenant knows the state of their rent account.
How can I pay my rent?
There are a number of different ways to pay your rent, and when you first become a tenant, your Housing Officer will explain these to you and you can then decide which method suits you. If you cannot pay in your usual way, you should make other arrangements rather than delaying payment. If there is a problem, tell your Housing Officer.
You can make payment to us using any of the methods detailed below:
- By direct debit – Most bank accounts offer a direct debit facility. You can set up one up either by visiting our office or over the phone. Simply tell us which day or date you want to pay your rent and we will debit your bank account with the amount you need to pay on a monthly, four weekly or weekly basis.
- By standing order – Those of you with a current account can apply to set up a standing order with your bank. Each week or month the rent will be paid directly to us from your account.
- Through internet banking – If you wish to set up payments via internet banking, please contact us to request the details required.
- Using an allpay smartcard (which we can arrange for you free of charge) ◦At a Post Office or local shop – You can pay your rent using your smartcard at any Post Office or shop displaying the Paypoint sign in the UK. Find the closest one to you here.
◦Online – You can use your smartcard to pay your rent online through www.allpayments.net.
◦Using the allpay app – This is available free of charge for allpay cardholders to download from the Apple App Store, Windows Phone store and Google Play.
◦By phone – You can call 0844 557 8321 to make payments using your allpay smartcard 24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
◦By text – allpay cardholders can register online to make payments by text 24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
- By calling us – You can call us on 01397 702530 and pay using a debit or credit card.
- By post – If you prefer you can make a cheque out to Lochaber Housing Association Limited and post it to our office. Please do not send cash by post.
- At our office – You can also pay in person by visiting our office. We accept cash, cheques and credit or debit cards.
If you want more information about how to pay or need a direct debit form, standing order form or allpay smartcard please contact us.